In addition to designing and creating the website, I was the project manager for the implementation of this project, which included the delivery of: re-designed, mobile-friendly website; product builds; API development; file feeds; engagement email campaigns; health and wellness content; and more.
- Design a responsive, mobile-friendly site to replace existing website.
- Create more simple site navigation and architecture so it's easy to navigate and find information.
- Re-organize content in a way that’s easy to digest; eliminate more than 50% of existing copy.
- Provide information to entice someone to become a member.
- Make detailed benefit information gated content.
phase i – flow + Mockups
- Created a site map that identified the pages needed.
- Re-organized content into “member program” categories, which condensed the number of pages by 500%—producing less clicks for audience to find the information they needed.
- Took page-long individual product content and condensed into heading, sub-head, short description, and link for easy scanning; placed products on appropriate member program category pages.
- Mocked up the home page + member program landing page (showcasing selection of all programs) + an individual member program page (for example, health and wellness category page with products).
- Wrote development requirements for new functionality--privacy enhancements, gated content, etc.
- Created UI mockups of customer account.
phase ii – style concept
Developed new color palette, selecting a more vibrant, engaging red and blue.
Selected images that reflect the 50+ target audience.
Selected larger images and font size to make reading easier.
phase iii – final product
Developed email launch campaign.
Members were communicated to reset their password; extensive testing done pre-launch.
Today, ASBA members can easily access benefit information, health and wellness info, and association updates at www.asbaonline.org.